Job Title: Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian
NOC / Eligible Industry: 3114
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Job Type: Full-time Permanent Contract
Number of Requirements: 1
Location: Mt. Pearl, NL
Role and Responsibilities
- A compassionate, enthusiastic, small animal critical care Veterinarian to help build the medicine service and continue the growth and expansion of the specialty services. The successful candidate will have
- Experience in clinical practice and leadership
- The ability to display tact, moral sound judgment, and ethics
- A positive attitude and superior interpersonal skills
- The ability to influence others with respect to motivation of people, business delivery, and effectiveness
- Must work overnight and weekend shifts when required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Proficient in English
- Provide comprehensive critical care, encompassing triage, stabilization, and the entire course of care during the acute medical crisis and high-risk period.
- Properly perform critical care treatments on hospitalized patients, and assist with clinical procedures and direct patient care.
- Maintain professional and open dialogue with referring veterinarians.
- Instruct veterinary students, veterinary technician interns, and rotating interns.
- Attend and assist in shift change case rounds.
- Visually inspect all patients before discharges.
- Make sure that all paper work is complete, including medical records and control drug logs.
- Someone who enjoys a challenge,
- Enthusiastic, caring and compassionate,
- Excited by opportunities to learn,
- Ready to be part of a team that comes together to ensure the best care possible for our patients and their families
- Patient and client care, and promoting a team approach with opportunities for both professional and personal growth
- Opportunities to learn and grow within our hospital, and gain additional skills in emergency medicine and surgery if motivated.
- Experience in emergency care or those who have completed a small animal rotating internship
- Board certified (ACVIM) or eligible for board certification in Emergency and
Critical Care are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be eligible for full licensure in Newfoundland
Candidates must have the ability to be licensed in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. A Canadian Certificate of Qualification is required for graduates of a veterinary program outside of Canada. For graduates of a non-AVMA accredited program and board certification in the ECVECC, successful completion of NAVLE and CPE is required. For graduates of a non-AVMA accredited program, successful completion of the ACVECC board examination after completion of an ECC residency would not require completion of the NAVLE and CPE.
How To Apply
- Previous applicants need not apply again;
- Application submissions require you to register on-site;
- Resumes' MUST be in English;
- Include your current residence (address), phone number and your email address in your resume;
- Acceptable cv/resume file formats include Adobe Acrobat .pdf, Microsoft Word .doc or .docx;
- Please prepare your resume to the following format, example: jobtitle-firstname-lastname-ref#.fileformat
So, based on the above acceptable file formats, this specific job resume title would look like one of the following:
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian-John-Smith-Vet002.pdf
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian-John-Smith-Vet002.doc
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian-John-Smith-Vet002.docx
- Click the Apply Now link below;