Job Title: Executive Chef
NOC / Eligible Industry: 6321
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Salary: $45-55k yearly based on qualifications
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Number of Requirements: 1
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Executive Chef is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and is expected to maintain high-performance standards, achieve financial and company objectives, and ensure that the company culture and vision are exercised, all while exceeding guest expectations and promoting teamwork.
- Motivation and commitment to remain current with knowledge of the industry, techniques, products, and procedures relevant to the restaurant
- Consistent punctuality and attendance
- Competent in reading and writing
- Able to adapt quickly to new situations and maintain composure in a fast paced, stressful environment
- Understanding of the importance of compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures
- Responds positively to coaching and leadership, while effectively communicating issues and questions with management
- Physically able to lift up to 45kg
- Highly developed social skills for engaging guests and working alongside others with ease and confidence
- Excellent understanding of cleaning/sanitation methods in a food production environment
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as Food and labor costs while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Menu planning and development including pricing, portion sizes, and standards
- Ensuring all memebers of the culinary team create dishes which meet our quality standards.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food costs and labour costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance to company policies and procedures.
- Arrange for equipment purchase and repair when necessary.
- Ensure timely processing of financial information necessary to produce monthly financial reports.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of bar, kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/provincial/local laws and ordinances.
- Examining food presentation and controlling consistency
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Optimize profitability through revenue enhancement strategies and effective control of Food, Labor and controllable operational costs
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Manage food costs. Work with Financial Department for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize spillage. Monitor pricing and compare to theoretical costs.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service, including online reviews
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
Personnel and Human Resources
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Direct supervision and development of culinary staff.
- Conduct Orientation, explain the Antojo Philosophy and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop Employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of kitchen staffing needs. Prepares schedules and ensures that Antojo is staffed for all shifts.
- Maintain moral by keeping a positive attitude, never speaking poorly of guests or employees and being a role model for all employees in how to comport themselves
- Helping to maintain accurate and up-to-date payroll information by comparing sign in sheets, schedules and clock-ins.
- Fast paced and demanding environment with a high volume of guests
- Hot kitchen
- Standing for long periods of time
- Multiple levels with staircases
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an executive or sous chef in traditional Mexican culinary setting
- High School Diploma Required
- Speak English
How To Apply
- Previous applicants need not apply again;
- Application submissions require you to register on-site;
- Resumes' MUST be in English;
- Include your current residence (address), phone number and your email address in your resume;
- Acceptable cv/resume file formats include Adobe Acrobat .pdf, Microsoft Word .doc or .docx;
- Please prepare your resume to the following format, example: jobtitle-firstname-lastname-ref#.fileformat
So, based on the above acceptable file formats, this specific job resume title would look like one of the following:
- Click the Apply Now link below;