Job Title: Line Cook
NOC / Eligible Industry: 6322
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Number of Requirements: 1
Hours Per Week: 35-45
Location: Mary’s Harbour, NL
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Dependability, and Client focus,
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Judgement, Flexibility, Reliability, Organized,
- Ability to multi-task and maintain high energy in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Commitment to consistent attendance and punctuality
Cook Categories: Line cook
- Work as a team member on all cooking stations including Hot and Cold menu items while maintaining safe food handling practices. Include stations as salad/pantry; sandwich/sautee; Fryer and Grill.
- Work as team member to ensure all menu items are prepared according to company specifications.
- Keeping and maintaining work space and equipment in neat and clean conditions.
- Contribute to the infectious energy of our team.
- Prepare all food items to the highest standard following recipes and procedures.
- Anticipate and respond to the flow of orders to ensure timely completion of food items within the workplace standard for all Guests in the restaurant.
- Be a "know it all" about our regular and promotional food menus.
- Accurately complete all set up and closing procedures.
- Maintain product quality and presentation standards.
- Adhere to all safe food handling procedures and uphold food safety practices.
- Maintain cleanliness and health & safety standards of your area.
Follow all operational policies and procedures.
Follow Montana' s Associate Look Book guidelines.
Complete your online learning tests as required.
- Previous experience as a line cook and a team member is strongly preferred
- Food Safety Learning/ Certificate a definite asset.
- Independent, self-guided learning and a team player
- Strong verbal English speaking skills as well as strong reading skills in English. Must be able to read computerized screens for menu orders.
- Fluent in French, an asset.
- Speak English
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
How To Apply
- Previous applicants need not apply again;
- Application submissions require you to register on-site;
- Resumes' MUST be in English;
- Include your current residence (address), phone number and your email address in your resume;
- Acceptable cv/resume file formats include Adobe Acrobat .pdf, Microsoft Word .doc or .docx;
- Please prepare your resume to the following format, example: jobtitle-firstname-lastname-ref#.fileformat
So, based on the above acceptable file formats, this specific job resume title would look like one of the following:
- Click the Apply Now link below;