Job Title: Long Haul Driver (Tractor Trailer)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Salary: $45,000 - $70,000
Job Type: Full-Time
Number of Requirements: 5
Hours Per Week: Varies
Location: Charlottetown, PE
An expert driver to transport temperature controlled shipments throughout the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, Ontario, Quebec, and the Maritimes.
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Take orders for new deliveries.
- Drive long distances.
- Fuel Truck & Reefer.
- Report any incidents encountered on the road to Dispatch-&/or Maintenance.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect their truck & trailer before and after the trip and record any defects they find.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep a daily log of their activities (trip envelope).
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Trip planning.
- Ensuring on-time delivery to Customers & keeping Dispatch informed of ANY delays.
- Track reefer temperatures during the trip; keep Dispatch &/or Maintenance informed of any issues.
- Take rest periods during the trip.
- Maintain a log of trips.
Role & Responsibilities
- Electronic Logbooks (utilization of hours)
- Pre-Trip & Post-Trip
- Safe, reliable & professionalism minded
- Customer Service
- On-Time Delivery
- On-going communication with Dispatch (via satellite)
- Class 1A Drivers License (with Air Brake Endorsement). Driving School is considered an asset.
- Must be able to read and speak English well enough to converse, understand traffic signs, respond to official inquiries and fill out required forms and reports.
- Logbook knowledge.
How To Apply
- Previous applicants need not apply again;
- Application submissions require you to register on-site;
- Resumes' MUST be in English;
- Include your current residence (address), phone number and your email address in your resume;
- Acceptable cv/resume file formats include Adobe Acrobat .pdf, Microsoft Word .doc or .docx;
- Please prepare your resume to the following format, example: jobtitle-firstname-lastname-ref#.fileformat
So, based on the above acceptable file formats, this specific job resume title would look like one of the following:
Long Haul Driver (Tractor Trailer)-John-Smith-LHD006.pdf
Long Haul Driver (Tractor Trailer)-John-Smith-LHD006.doc
Long Haul Driver (Tractor Trailer)-John-Smith-LHD006.docx
- Click the Apply Now link below;