Job Title: Truck Mechanic
NOC / Eligible Industry: 7321
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Salary: $30-$35 per hour
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Number of Requirements: 10
Hours Per Week: 40-45
Location: Barrie, ON
- Performs repairs and maintenance on heavy trucks and other vehicles or heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Road tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or test repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
- Reads and interprets vehicle condition reports, and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and driver for clarification of problems. May discuss preventative techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Makes emergency road calls to make repairs on trucks that break down while driving a collection route.
- Uses a large array of hand and power tools.
Pushes or pulls large tool box.
- Cleans parts and tools with chemical solvents
- Dexterity for handling small parts and tools in tight spaces.
- Sufficient strength for handling larger parts and tools.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching above/at/below shoulder, standing stooping, crouching, bending, walking, crawling, kneeling, carrying lifting objects.
- Visually inspects equipment and parts; adequate hearing.
- Able to work utilizing safety glasses, steel-toed work shoes, uniform and hearing protection.
- Able to climb steps and ladders.
- Work performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hardworking surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work.
- English, Bilingual an asset
- 310T LICENCE (MANDATORY)
- 2 years of verifiable Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment experience
- Solid knowledge of air brakes and Hydraulics repair
- Computer diagnostic experience would be an asset.
- Availability to do shift work as per business needs
- Position requires that you have your own tools.
- Electrical, Brakes, Diagnostic work on Mack, ABS, Allison, Heil
- A and B Services
How To Apply
- Previous applicants need not apply again;
- Application submissions require you to register on-site;
- Resumes' MUST be in English;
- Include your current residence (address), phone number and your email address in your resume;
- Acceptable cv/resume file formats include Adobe Acrobat .pdf, Microsoft Word .doc or .docx;
- Please prepare your resume to the following format, example: jobtitle-firstname-lastname-ref#.fileformat
So, based on the above acceptable file formats, this specific job resume title would look like one of the following:
- Click the Apply Now link below;