Job Title: Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
NOC / Eligible Industry: 7321
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Salary: $30-$35 per hour
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Number of Requirements: 1
Hours Per Week: 40-45
Location: Montreal, Qc
- Perform preventive maintenance on diesel engines.
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance.
- Use the various diagnostic software effectively.
- Diagnose, identify and solve the various repairs to be made.
- Maintain and repair starter, cooling, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems.
- Check, diagnose, repair and adjust clutches, manual and automatic transmissions, braking system and fuel and injection systems.
- Perform various welding tasks.
- Ensure equipment compliance, according to established rules.
- Follow weekly training.
- Refrain from using any drugs.
- Dexterity for handling small parts or tools in tight places.
- Physical strength sufficient to handle large pieces or tools.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching up or down the shoulder level, standing, squatting, bending, walking, crawling, kneeling, carrying or lifting loads of 10 to 100 pounds
- Visually inspect vehicles and parts, good hearing.
- Be able to work with safety glasses, steel-clad shoes, uniform and hearing protection.
- Being able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Work indoors and outdoors, regardless of weather conditions.
- The occupant is exposed to loud noise, vibration, hard work surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, smoke, mud and hazards normally present in a machine shop.
- English, Bilingual an asset
- PEP card (important asset)
- DEP in heavy vehicle mechanics or other related field
- Ideal 3 year experience in a mechanic position
- Valid class 5 driving license (Class 3 asset)
- Good judgment, responsible and sense of organization.
How To Apply
- Previous applicants need not apply again;
- Application submissions require you to register on-site;
- Resumes' MUST be in English;
- Include your current residence (address), phone number and your email address in your resume;
- Acceptable cv/resume file formats include Adobe Acrobat .pdf, Microsoft Word .doc or .docx;
- Please prepare your resume to the following format, example: jobtitle-firstname-lastname-ref#.fileformat
So, based on the above acceptable file formats, this specific job resume title would look like one of the following:
Heavy Vehicle Mechanic-John-Smith-TRM003b.pdf
Heavy Vehicle Mechanic-John-Smith-TRM003b.doc
Heavy Vehicle Mechanic-John-Smith-TRM003b.docx
- Click the Apply Now link below;